When purchasing a girdle, make sure that you follow the guide above. Purchasing the perfect girdle can help to save you money in the long run and it can have the ultimate protection for your big game.
Best Top 3 Football Girdle Reviews
Best Football Girdle
Table of Contents
- Champro Tri-Flex Football Girdle Review
- Champro Man Up Football Girdle Review
- McDavid Hex Football Girdle Review
- What is the Best Football Girdle to Buy?
- What to Look for When Purchasing a Football Girdle
- What Types of Football Girdles are There?
- How to Know What Size Girdle to Wear
#1. Champro Adult Tri-Flex Integrated 5 Pad Girdle
The Champro Tri-Flex girdle provides the ultimate protection for a football girdle. This girdle offers five pads that are covered with hard plastic to help keep the impact low on the body. The girdle is made of high compression material of polyester and spandex and offers moisture protection to keep you dry and your skin from chaffing.
Pros of Champro
- Offers great air flow
- Pads are covered with hard plastic to prevent injury.
- High compression material that is the perfect tightness.
- Moisture resistant material.
- Cup pocket.
- Lightweight material.
- Five protective pads.
- Sizes Small-4XL.
Cons of Champro
- Thin padding.
- Does not offer a secure fit.
- Quality of the material is low.
- Material slides
Champro Man Up 7 Pad Girdle
The Champro Man Up 7 pad girdle offers a girdle that is made of material that is well ventilated and that comes in high compression, polyester, and spandex material. It is made of patented “Dri-Gear,” material which helps to keep you dry while playing the game. This girdle offers 7 pads and a cup pocket.
Pros of Champro Man Up
- Extra flexible material.
- Pads fit above the waist.
- Pads are made with hard plastic to prevent injury.
- Well ventilated to keep you dry and comfortable.
- Available in sizes Small-4XL.
Cons of Champro Man Up
- Low material quality.
- Runs smaller than normal sizes.
- Material shrinks after wash.
- Pads are very thin.
McDavid Hex Integrated Football Girdle Shorts with Built in Hex Pads
The McDavid Hex Integrated Football Girdle Shorts have patented “Hexpad” technology that was designed both for protection and to keep the player comfortable. The shorts offer a material that is very flexible and gives extra protection where it is needed the most. The McDavid girdle shorts offer a product that is comfortable, especially compared to other, overly bulky, girdle shorts.
Pros of McDavid Hex Integrated Football Girdle Shorts
- Has extra padding for the tailbone, thighs, and hips.
- Moisture protection to keep you dry and comfortable.
- Compression material to help keep the player from pulling a muscle.
- Has a cup pocket.
- Comes in both youth and adult sizes.
- Youth sizes: Small-3XL.
- Adult sizes: Small-3XL.
- Comes in 3 different colors: black, white and charcoal.
- Thick padding of 9mm.
- 6-thread seam technology for added quality.
Cons of McDavid Hex Integrated Football Girdle Shorts
- Color from dark material fades onto clothing.
- Sizing was too big.
- Cup pocket was too large.
What is the Best Football Girdle to Buy?
During football season it is important to have all of the right equipment both for protection and for comfort. Since football is such a hands on sport, there are many times throughout the game that it can be fierce and harsh, so this means that you need to be sure to purchase equipment that offers you the best type of protection and allows you to move around quickly and easily.
A football girdle is usually tight to your body so that you can get your football uniform on easily and most of the girdles now contain places to put your protective pads such as your hip, tailbone and thigh pads. This allows you to have a uniform that is easier to deal with and not to have to carry all kinds of separate pieces in order to prepare for the big game. In the past, football players would be required to put their pads inside of their girdle and now, companies have made the girdles with different slots or pockets so that they can hold the pads comfortably.
Rules in sports are always changing and at one point, football players did not have to wear lower body gear and could play the game with just should pads and a helmet, but this changed because it became obvious that there were definite safety features that were missing. The pad on the lower body now have to be worn, regardless of which position the football player plays. These pads help to make sure that players do not get body injuries that are low and offers more protection to lower body areas. This helps to protect the player during running, falling and tackling.
When choosing the best football girdle, it is important to look at what the girdle has to offer. Most girdles now offer areas where your pads can be inserted, and this is useful not only for protection but also makes it easier to pack your equipment. Without the proper equipment, it is more than likely that injuries would be present. This can include concussions, broken bones and even death. By choosing a girdle that holds your protective pads in the correct position, you are eliminated the risk of long-term injuries which is always followed by long term recovery and less playing time.
What to Look for When Purchasing a Football Girdle?
When purchasing a girdle, you want to find one that is not just going to offer protection, but one that will also offer comfort. It is important that the material is light and moveable so that you have plenty of freedom to run, jump and move. Even though a girdle is meant to be tight fitting, this does not mean that you want a stiff girdle that is uncomfortable and constraining. It is hard sometimes to find the perfect girdle because you are looking for features of comfort, protection, and flexibility, but by researching and understanding the girdle can help you to better make your purchase.
The most important question when purchasing a girdle is how protective is it. Finding a girdle that has quality pads is the first and foremost thing you should look for when making your purchase. When you are playing a hands-on sport where there will be falling, tackling, pushing and other violent movements, it is important to be well protected. When looking at girdles, try them on, make sure that the padding is thick and that it is covering all of the right areas that you want to be protected. Safety needs to be your first concern.
- When making a girdle purchase, make sure that you are purchasing one that allows you to move around. If you plan on running, jumping and catching the ball, it is important that you can move freely in all of the equipment that you have on. Finding a material that is lightweight and comfortable can help you to accomplish all of your goals during the big game.
- Finding a girdle that is the perfect fit is the most effective type of girdle that you can find. It is important that the girdle has a tight feel so that it can give you stability and help you to know that you are protected in all of the right places. Make sure that the fabric fits all of your body including your waistband, around your legs and that it is a secure fit or a compression fit. This type of fit allows you to have the highest protection when playing high impact sports.
Elasticity & Comfort
- Most football girdles are stretchy, but does that mean that they are the perfect one? Most girdles are also made with material that is meant to keep you dry and to be fitting. It is extremely important, especially in football, that you find a girdle that will move with you. If you are on the field and you find that you are being restricted from moving because of the tightness of your girdle, then maybe it is not the best girdle for you. Make sure that you can move, fall, jump, bend and stretch in the girdle and that you are able to move, otherwise you are risking not only an injury but also losing the game.
What Types of Football Girdles are There?
- When making a girdle purchase, make sure that you know what type of girdle that you are looking to buy. An integrated girdle usually has the pads that are sewn inside of the girdle or that are in pockets and are removable. This type of girdle is more convenient because the pads are already in the compression pants and you can slip them on and be ready to go. This allows you to play the game without having to worry about losing a pad or getting injured during play. Find an integrated girdle that is best for you, some offer all of the pads and some have limited pads or require you to add some padding to the already padded girdle. Find the one that is most comfortable to you.
- Traditional girdles are similar to older types of girdles because you have the pads that still need to be inserted into the girdle before each game. These types of girdles are least expensive, but remember, you still have to purchase your pads separately, so remember this when you add up the costs of purchasing a lower quality girdle.
How to Know What Size Girdle to Wear
Sizing is important when purchasing a girdle. Make sure that you find the one that is perfect for your body type. You do not want to purchase a girdle that is too tight or too loose. Purchasing the wrong size can defeat the purpose of purchasing a high-end girdle. Make sure that you purchase one that fits tight in all of the right places but is not too tight. You do not want to have a girdle that is falling off or causing you to lose concentration during the game.
Small – Size small girdles are 26”-28”
Medium – Size medium girdles are 30”-32”
Large – Size large girdles are 34”-36”
X-Large – Size X-Large girdles are 38”-40”
XX-Large – Size XX-Large girdles are 42”-44”
XXX-Large – Size XXX-Large girdles are 46”-48”
Remember, sizes may slightly vary, and it is imperative that you try on the girdle before making your big purchase!
When purchasing the perfect football girdle, make sure that you find the perfect fit and the perfect material that is right for you. Using the buying guide above can help you to purchase the perfect pair so that you can worry about winning the big game instead of how protected you are!